Knee Pain & "Runner's Knee"
How To Stop Chronic, Daily Annoying Knee Pain WITHOUT Injections, WITHOUT Taking Painkillers and WITHOUT Having To Wear A Support or Brace...
If you’re living with "bad knees", they’re painful or they ache - it’s very easy to think that it’s “just something that comes with age”, it’s a bit of “wear and tear”, or that it’s nothing and it’ll go away on its own.
You can’t quite point your finger on why you’re feeling pain in your knees - but it doesn’t seem to be getting any better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Knee Pain is one of THE most common problems that we see in our Physio Clinic in Hermitage.
And when it comes to living with Knee Pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these questions:
“Why is This Happening to Me?”... or,
“Why am I still suffering with Knee pain that keeps getting worse after putting up with it for 6 months - sometimes more?”...
Most people think that when they get Knee Pain, it’ll eventually “ease off” and go away on it’s own. That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, Knee Pain will be a thing of the past... But then 6 months later you’re still living with the discomfort of knee pain - often even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our physiotherapy clinic is when people go to their Doctors, and the well-meaning Doctor tells them to “rest”, “try these painkillers” and “come back in 6 weeks if it’s no better” - but then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the same Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better, only to be given ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills, and maybe a knee support.
Has That ever happened to you?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have to rest because you’ve been told walking makes knee pain worse, or that you should be doing ‘this exercise’ and ‘that exercise’ to make it better.
It’s very confusing to know exactly what to do - and that’s just to avoid making knee pain worse!
And because of this confusion - this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their Knee Pain. Worse, many people just end up accepting it as “part of life” - as if it’s normal, as if it “has” to be that way.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Knee Pain,
Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t...
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help, all they did was ‘mask’ the pain - and as soon as they wore off Knee Pain stopped you in your tracks again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Knee pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried using things like Knee supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain any better
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your knee pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight...
7. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you experienced severe pain and swelling in your knees, but it still irritates you daily.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Knee Pain Quickly?”...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or the pain and swelling gets worse.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your Knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid sitting in awkward positions - the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit. When you sit and bend your knees, you’re putting your knees in awkward, un-natural positions - which knees aren’t built to be in for too long. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physio - Physio is proven to help people with Knee pain. In fact at Roscoe Physiotherapy it’s one of the most common issues we see people aged 50+ living with. If your Knee pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - Physiotherapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physiotherapy team at Roscoe Physiotherapy in Hermitage can help you live with less Neck pain and fewer headaches - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics:
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physiotherapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So, the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physiotherapist at Roscoe Physiotherapy Help You Get Rid of Your Knee Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physiotherapy Team can do for you:
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your Knee pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit your ability to be active - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your health long-term
We can help you get through the day without having to rely on wearing a knee support to help ease the pain
We can help you avoid dangerous Knee surgery - and painful injections
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room...
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that Knee pain has taken from you...
We can help you to finally return to walking up and down the stairs, and getting out and about without dull, aching knee pain stopping you in your tracks
Basically… the Physiotherapy Team at Roscoe Physiotherapy can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and chronic Knee pain
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic headaches and neck pain...
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our physiotherapy clinic in Hermitage, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
What are other client's with Knee Pain saying about Roscoe Physio?
Hear what Cathy from Hermitage has to say about her experience working with us...
"I have had chronic pain in my knees for over a year due to Osteoarthritis. This made using stairs and getting up and down from a chair extremely painful. I have an office on the second floor, so I am up and down frequently. By the end of some days, I was in so much pain that it made it difficult to use the stairs or get into my second floor apartment.
I had tried injections, but they only lasted a couple of weeks. The pain was so debilitating at times that it was difficult to play with my grandchildren on the weekends. I had no quality of life and thought this was how I was going to have to spend the rest of my life.
I started to see a new doctor who referred me to Physical Therapy. A co-worker recommended I try Roscoe Physiotherapy... and I am SO glad I did.
They were able to get the inflammation down and under control in my knees. They then began to strengthen my legs and back muscles to give my knees that support they need... He also showed me the right way to get up and sit down, and walk up steps to take the pressure off my knees.
I now know that I do not have to live with chronic pain. With the right treatment you can have a fulfilling life... that's what Dr. Roscoe and his staff have given me. You set goals with realistic expectations and they give you the encouragement to achieve them.
A friend told me that I 'Have my joy back' and she is right.
Where it was almost impossible to walk very far due to pain, I am now now walking a few miles and a 5K soon. My biggest joy is that I am able to play with my grandchildren again. Thanks to Roscoe Physiotherapy I will not have to live with pain, because that is not living!"
- Cathy B., Hermitage, PA